Follow me for all things beauty.

Thursday 24 July 2014

Maybelline Matte Maker Powder - Mini Review

When I posted a picture of this product, at lot of you asked for a review. I'm not going into much detail, as there isn't much to this powder..



The Matte Maker powder from Maybelline claims to be a mattifying powder, but I would say it's more of just a setting powder, as it doesn't really offer coverage and when you swipe your brush/hand on the powder, not much product is picked up. It's quite lightweight, and I think is ideal for just lightly setting foundation and concealer.

I have the shade number 30, and it is extremely light, and is more of an Ivory shade. This powder doesn't offer much coverage at all, unless the powder is built up.

The packaging reminds me of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. It is quite cheap and plastic, however, it does screw it's lid into place, rather than the likes of the Stay Matte. 



It is a very affordable drugstore powder at only $11.95, which is the same price as the Australis Fresh & Flawless, so it definitely won't hurt your bank account balance. 

Overall, if you're looking for a powder to give you coverage and withstand a lot of oil.. I don't think this product is for you. This powder is more ideal for those with normal to dry skin types, who simply want to lightly set down their makeup.

Thanks for reading. X

No comments:

Post a Comment